Earn extra money by selling your unwanted children’s items! Help keep our landfills empty. Berks Kids Closet is super easy and a great way to clean out your toy bins and closets for all of those new holiday gifts. As you start to clean and organize, consider turning those old toys and outgrown clothes into cash by registering as a consignor for the upcoming Berks Kids Closet sale.
The Berks Kids Closet Children & Teen Outgrown Sale returns to the Lebanon Expo Center on Saturday, March 5 from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. BKC has a HUGE selection of gently used clothing, baby items, toys, games, strollers, outside ride-on toys, and everything under the sun for kids and teens. They also have a large selection of maternity clothing for all seasons.
There will be a Half-Off Sale on Saturday from 1-2 p.m.
BKC has more than 350 local families that participate in the Lebanon Expo Sale!
Personally I have been a consignor with Berks Kids Closet for years - before they even started their sale in Lebanon (they also host a sale at the Leesport Farmers Market). I love that I can set my own prices, and after the sale, decide if I want to donate what's left or keep it for next year's sale.
If you've never consigned with Berks Kids Closet before, here are the basics:
- There is a $10 registration fee for each sale that comes out of your profit check.
- You earn up to 70% profit on your items - consignors who volunteer to work a shift at the sale earn more than non-working consignors. The other 30% is used toward expenses for the sale.
- You tag and price your own items, including whether you want them to sell for half-off during the special sale from 1-2 p.m.
- Drop off day is Friday, Mar. 4 from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. They also have hours for working moms to drop off from 5:30-8 p.m.
- As a consignor, you have the chance to shop at the pre-sale on Friday evening ahead of the general public. If you don't have any items to consign for this sale, you can still shop the pre-sale by signing up to volunteer on Saturday.
Check out the Berks Kids Closet website for more information and to join their mailing list to receive reminders of upcoming sales! You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to register as a consignor or learn more about the consigning process. Here is a link to their consignor FAQ.