Earn extra money by selling your unwanted children’s items! Help keep our landfills empty. Berks Kids Closet is super easy and a great way to clean out your toy bins and closets. As you start to clean and organize, consider turning those old toys and outgrown clothes into cash by registering as a consignor for the upcoming Berks Kids Closet sale.
The Berks Kids Closet Children & Teen Outgrown Sale returns to the Lebanon Expo Center Friday, September 10, and Saturday, September 11. BKC has a HUGE selection of gently used clothing, baby items, toys, games, strollers, outside ride-on toys, and everything under the sun for kids and teens. They also have a large selection of maternity clothing for all seasons.
The sale is open to the public on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., but consignors get to shop early on Friday! Volunteer to work a shift during the sale, and shop even earlier!
BKC has more than 375 local families that participate in the Lebanon Expo Sale!
If you've never consigned with Berks Kids Closet before, here are the basics:
- There is a $10 registration fee for each sale that comes out of your profit check.
- You earn up to 70% profit on your items - consignors who volunteer to work a shift at the sale earn more than non-working consignors. The other 30% is used toward expenses for the sale.
- You tag and price your own items, including whether you want them to sell for half-off during the special sale from 1-3 p.m. You can choose to use handwritten tags or take advantage of their printed bar code system.
- Drop off day is Friday, September 10, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. They also have hours for working parents to drop off from 5-8 p.m.
- Checkout is fast and easy! They have more than a dozen computerized checkouts that take cash or credit!
- As a consignor, you have the chance to shop at the pre-sale on Friday evening ahead of the general public. If you don't have any items to consign for this sale, you can still shop the pre-sale by signing up to volunteer on Saturday.
Check out the Berks Kids Closet website for more information and to join their mailing list to receive reminders of upcoming sales! Register online here. Here is a link to their consignor FAQ.