If you are looking for a fun, safe, and affordable family destination this summer, look no further than the Lebanon Area Fair. There are so many things for children and families to enjoy, and we have some tips to help make your family trip to the Fair the best one yet.
1. Plan to arrive before lunchtime. There is ample parking at this time, admission is free for everyone until 3 p.m., and the Fair’s food stands and some of the independent food trucks will be open for lunch. The Eatery and Outside Eatery offer affordable lunch specials Sunday to Friday until sold out. Numerous animal shows occur during the day and the grounds are less crowded – ideal for pushing strollers.
2. Are amusement rides your thing? Ride wristbands allow your children to “ride all day” and are just $15 on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Rides open at 5 p.m. This is the most affordable way for families to enjoy the Midway.
3. Consider attending Children’s Day on Monday, July 26. There will be special early afternoon performances by David Darwin and Circus Incredible, and the Eudora Farms Petting Zoo will also be open in the early afternoon. Children will also receive a free gift while supplies last! Visit the Fair’s website for more Children’s Day programming.
4. If your family can’t attend on Children's Day, consider attending the Fair on Thursday. The events at the track that day are free of charge and include plenty of opportunities for hands-on participation. Farmer’s Night events begin at 6:30 p.m. with the Kapp Advertising pie-eating contest. Later, children and adults can participate in a wheelbarrow race, bologna toss, hay bale stacking contest, and hay bale throwing contest, among other family-friendly activities. Sign up for these events at 6 p.m. at the track. Arrive early – sign-up sheets fill quickly!
5. Finally, buy your track tickets in advance online. Advance tickets include both the Main Gate and Track Gate admission fees for a reduced price! Admission fees are charged to everyone age 10 and up. If you plan to attend the Fair often, consider purchasing a weekly admission pass for $15 – it includes your Main Gate admission every day – or the weekly track pass for $45 – it includes your Main Gate and Track Gate admission every day. Tickets can be purchased on the fair's website.