Fish sticks and tacos got married and made this delicious easy dish!
Change it up using different flavors of slaws and sauces. My family loved these with corn tortillas best, but flour tortillas or crunchy taco shells would be fantastic as well.
These are a perfect dinner for Fish Fridays during Lent ... or any time of year!
Fish Stick Tacos
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 8 corn tortillas
- 8 whole meat fish sticks/fillets
- Pico de Gallo (We love this recipe)
- Mexican coleslaw (recipe below)
- Sriracha mayonnaise sauce (optional)
Mexican coleslaw ingredients:
- 14 oz. bag of shredded coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of taco seasoning
You can also use your favorite broiled/baked or steamed fish in place of fish sticks.
Make this even faster by using pre-made pico de gallo and coleslaw ... No one has to know right?
- Mix all of the Mexican Coleslaw ingredients together in a bowl.
- Season to taste and let sit for 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Cook fish sticks according to package directions.
- Gently warm corn tortillas and layer with slaw, fish sticks/fillets, pico de gallo, and finish with your favorite sriracha mayonnaise or other sauce.
Optional: Garnish with avocado and serve with rice and beans for a full meal!
This article originally appeared in Macaroni KID EATS.