Sing yourself a sugary tune after these microphone cupcake cones are complete. This is a simple recipe that puts a spin on regular cupcakes, giving kids a thrill. You can use any flavors of cake mix and frosting that you wish to customize these sweet treats!
- Cake mix and all ingredients to prepare according to package
- Cake cones (regular size)
- Oreos, crushed (for topping or brown sprinkles)
- Muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line the insides of the muffin pan with a ring of foil to help the cake cones stand up in the oven.
- Mix the cake batter according to the directions on the box.
- Fill the cones halfway with the cake mix.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- Add crumbled Oreo topping or brown sprinkles. I simply dunk the cupcake cones upside down into the topping to coat them completely.
- Enjoy and don't forget to sing!
This article originally appeared in Macaroni KID Colorado Springs, Colo.